Thursday, September 20, 2012

Design Stage Summative:


During the investigation stage, you identified a problem and come up with a technological solution to the problem. You have identified the product that you need to design for you client using desktop publishing. During the design you come up with a design brief and a design specification.
Using the design specification
  1. Come up with three designs on the PRODUCT (Pamphlet or Brochure) for your client.
  2. For each design measure it against the design specification.
  3. Select one design or a mixture of aspects from the designs and Identify which design or aspects has you identified for the final product.
  4. Justify in detail the final choice of your design.
  5. Suggest any improvement that you may make to have a better product

 

After doing the part a-e use the check list to make sure you have addressed all the parts.

 

Design Stage Checklist

- All my designs are of very good quality.
-I have justified the selection of one design and suggest some improvements

-I have come up with a variety of good quality (at least 3) of different design ideas for my product.

- I have compared each design idea against the design specification.
Nike (Tick)  or   X Box (Cross) what you have done or not done accordingly

 

Assessment Criteria
Level
Descriptors 
0
  • I have not reached a standard described by any of the descriptors given below.
1-2
  • I have generated one or two designs of average quality.
  • I have tried to justify this by comparing against the design specification
3-4
  • I have generated a few designs of good quality.
  • I have justified the choice of one design and fully explained this against the design specification
5-6
  • I have generated a range of designs of excellent quality,
  • I have fully justified the choice of one design, suggested very practical improvements.

No comments: